Jan 19, 2018

Cory Diary : Comforting or not

Have been monitoring ComfortDelGro for a while but never in it for long term investment. Reason being simple. The competition is keen and they are cutting at each other throat. A lot of blood. I have a lot of concerns. Nevertheless I got some when it got near $2. However after reading their earning report, I think Oil price matters.

News : ComfortDelGro and Uber launch UberFLASH services in Singapore

When today news is out on the tie up with Uber, I decided to sell my shares which I bought for 2.8% profit. Just a little kopi money and for my concern of the creeping oil price. Don't get me wrong. This is still a good company but timing seems not right now. If the price continues to go up, good for them and shareholders. And I will just have to keep looking.


Cory
19 Jan 2018



2 comments:

  1. Do you mind sharing what do you think about the future of the company in 3-5 years time?

    Why do you buy the stock? Why did you sell it?

    Will you re-enter if it falls lower?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. CDG is a big company across large segments. The juicy part of their profit used to be is the taxi segment which is under pressured. 3 to 5 years time may need to see how successful autonomous VH develop that helps/impacts the business.

      Right now is more short trading for me.

      Delete